Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Gundam Fan Manga Creation - Update 2

To take my pet Gundam fan-manga project a little more seriously. I went to a local art store to grab two obitsu figures (Male & Female version). These posable figures will be great references for sketching out my original characters.

These figures are widely used by artists, and the Obitsu brand are aimed toward manga/anime artists. My next buy would be a posable right & left hand, another good tool for reference.


Here is an image to show that I am still working on this pet project, which is more for my own personal interest than anything else. I had always wanted to tell my own UC story.

This is a WIP of a bigger picture of a Zaku team moving across the forest from an over the top view.
A quick scribble to see how I should proceed with the action sequences.


More later...

4 comments:

  1. Man you inspire me to take up drawing again. LOL You draw all your manga digitally or hand drawn then scan to digitalise it? I used to use such figure but at my time are wooden figure. Btw what happen to the boobs of the female toy? They cut it away?! Cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you take up drawing again, maybe we can collaborate. =)

    I draw them all digitally, since is very easy to draw directly on my Cintiq tablet, and errors are easilly fixed with the undo function. Although I carry around with me a sketch book to sketch my ideas for reference.

    As for the female figure, I performed the operation to cut out the boobs. Obitsu has 2 version of the female figure, one flat chest, and one overly booberlicious. They ran out of the flat chest one, and so I got the big version.
    Is so big that I can't see the arm when the figure is view from an angled view, so I totally destroyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol GG thought for a moment there you were into 'plastic' sugery to enhance the boobs ^^ Guess I was wrong haha!!

    Its a very ambitious project you got going here! So its something like a side story from the looks of it :D What timeline do you plan to branch off from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @chubbybots: Yeah it will be a side story during 0083, but is going to be short. Just want to a short story about the Zeon remnants of earth.

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails