Wednesday, December 10, 2008

1/100 Hi Nu Gundam




My 1/100 Hi Nu Gundam Project

I started this project by first checking out the building manual…and quickly I realized I didn’t like the original color scheme, the design of the shield, some of the parts attached to the back & design of the weapons. So I decided to customize everything that I didn’t like, and make it my very own customized Hi Nu Gundam!!! And I had actually spent an afternoon to think about how to approach this. So here are the customizations:


1. Color: I dreaded the Light Blue paint in the original design…..and since Gundam Guy likes darker tone colors, I choose something just a tad darker…and went with Grey Blue. The original design only had 2 primary color, Blue and White, with a bit of silver here and there. And I thought it would be cool if I added one more color pattern to it…and selected my favorite Dark Grey. I then drew out on a piece of paper the torso, arms & legs, then using color pencils to color my design of the paint scheme, this serves to help me remember what & where to paint, and limit any chance for dumb mistakes.


2. Head: I thought the head looked kinda plain in mostly white color…so I decided to use a very fine model saw to carve two more panel lines on both side of the head, paint some area with Dark Grey, and the antenna in Yellow.Eyes are re-done using Silver & Clear Orange paint. The camera unit screen on top of the head...I just use the original Green sticker...yeah I know...thats lame, but got lazy.


3. Shield: The front part of the shield comes in 3 pieces… 2 pieces White, and the main piece Blue…when put together..you get this zigzag White & Blue design…which I personally didn’t like (everyone’s taste is different). So I used putty and made all 3 pieces into a single piece, then redesign the paint patterns.


4. Back: Attached to the lower back of the Hi-Nu Gundam are two long canisters, which in my opinion looked quite out of place compare to the neat design of everything else. So instead of using those ugly parts, I attached 2 customized boosters instead (from my spare model parts).


5. Weapon: The weapons that came with this MG are horrible… They looked plain…and looked like something a GM would use. So I attached parts to the beam rifle to make it look better. And also use some customize weapons (from my spare model parts)

6. Decals: I used decals from other left-over decals belonging to the UC era.



































































7 comments:

  1. Hey GG nice Hi-Nu Gundam you got. Its a good thing you've posted on Senjou no Kizuna Portable GameFAQs board and found your blog URL. I am starting my Universal Century MG kit collection right now.

    I got two 1/100 MG Ver2.0 RX-178 Gundam Mk.IIs (AEUG HD and Titans Standard Editions), a 1/100 MG RGZ-91 Re-GZ and of course my first Gundam kit, a Speed Grade RX-78-2 which is very small-scaled.

    I built the two MG kits about a day, no glue, no paint. Now that I found your blog site I am tempted yet again to buy another MG kit... how much is your Hi-Nu Gundam? I'll try to find a shop here who may have good deals and buy one or buy a RX-78-2 Ver 2.0 or a Zeta Gundam.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Do you ahve a link to your images of you kits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing work! where did you get that weapon's stand [also, that's pretty neat you customized the armaments. i only have spare polycaps and such but maybe i just need to use my imganiation a bit]

    mind if you check out my simple blog [it's a bit empty at the moment as i post mainly on my deviantart account]

    http://ant1ph0n.deviantart.com [also i'm part of the first official gundam group there so stop by if you're interested in writing/posting stuff there as well to contribute =D]

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so marvelous.
    This is much better than original Hi-nu and also far better than mine too.

    I really like the head, hope you don't mind if I try the similar color for my HGUC Nu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally got around to building and posting my HG. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to try and emulate this kit. What brand or mixture did you use for the blue grey paint?

    ReplyDelete
  7. take my money damnit

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails