Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Blog Resumes Starting Today!

Hi everyone! Hope to find you all well... Is been months since I have stopped updating my blog due to a family emergency. Basically I had to take care of a family member who was diagnosed with cancer.... and it is going to be a long battle.

Anyhow, things are back on track, and I have time now to share my Gundam hobby with everyone again. So the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday was not much of a holiday for me...obviously. And I also didn't get any Gundam related Christmas presents (unlike someone...BusterBeam *cough*) But I did acquired for myself some well deserved loots after the holidays.

Here are some goods directly from Hong Kong:
- MG Exia
- HG Kshatriya
- HG Full Armor Gundam 7th Unit
- Modeling Tools (Hagasewa Tri-Tool & Tamiya Polyester Putty)

I had also recently found a great vendor, whom I visited today. The owner was very nice and gave me a little tour of his warehouse, which is stocked with lots of Gundam stuff. You can search for his items on Ebay / Amazon (Search Robot4Less). His pricing is very competitive, so if you are in the U.S., you should really check out his online stores. And I got the following goods from him:
- HG Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn mode)
- HG Unicorn Gundam (Destroy mode)
- HG GM Quel
- 2 bottles of Mr. Hobby - Clear Red (Which is very hard to find locally)
- 6 cans of topcoat products & some Gundam Markers

A Merry Belated Christmas for G.G.

Another expensive item I got for myself this week was a GPU (Graphic Processing Unit), or simply a graphic card for my computer. My old card died on me during the holiday, and it was a pretty good card too (Geforce GTX 8800 Ultra). But now I got something even better, faster, and prettier... the Geforce GTX 295.

The card itself has the weight & size of a brick.

And stands quite tall compare to the MG Hi-Nu Gundam. So now I can Game On!!!

I plan to get back to my long overdue HG 0 Gundam and other kits, hoping to finish one kit by the end of this month. And I will then mainly focus on Unicorn series kits afterwards. So more updates coming soon.

14 comments:

  1. HAhAhah, Glad to see you back, and what a loot.
    Hoping for the best that your family member beats cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back, looking forward to see more GUNPLA here!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hey look whos back with a bunch of new kits! i see you got that mg exia that i recieved for xmas (rubbing it in) haha jk. i also got the hg unicorn. good call on the gundam 7th! That kit looks really nice when it's built. i think it'd look even better with a custom colour scheme but dont i always. last... hg gm quel! wow! im a bit shocked by that choice! dont get me wrong i love it but i didnt expect you to go back in time like that! haha

    and man wow i wouldnt even know what to do with such a beast of graphics card!

    anyways its good to have you back and sorry about the bad news there but if its any consolation my mother beat breast cancer about a decade ago and shes the healthiest ive ever seen her now. i dont know your situation but... recoveries can and do happen my friend. stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you back, and nice loot you've got for yourself for christmas.

    And also a Happy New Year to you, I also wish that your family member will make a speedy recovery from cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind words.

    I am glad to finally get time to update my blog. And I intend to get back on the gunpla building horse.

    BB: GM Quel has always been one of my favorite GM design. But it is so hard to find one at a reasonable price...until yesterday. =)

    And thanks for the encouragment about the cancer situation. We will fight hard indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG UR BACK HOLY CRAP!!! DAMN its like u just reloaded ur arsenal or something but its good to have u back. Since u also do gundam game reviews i just love it lol by any chance do u play da sd gundam game online???

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Asian1skill: Thanks. Glad to be back into the norm of things. SD gundam has online game?? Are you talking that hack & slash SD gundam game?

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to have you back, really looking forward to see some of youre work. and i hope you and the people around you can work out the troubles you got.

    ReplyDelete
  9. um not sure lol but heres a link dey haf a korean one china and taiwan one but i play the chinese one.

    http://gd.9you.com/web_v2/index.shtml
    or just go on google and type in sd gundam capsule and click on the wiki link

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank god ur back man, now i will really enjoy gundam stuff!!! as u always was #1 info source for me, and the best!!! please never go again !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ur the best

    ReplyDelete
  11. @A1S: Oh yeah i know that one, but the gameplay looks a bit lame for my taste. But I wouldn't know since I haven't tried it yet. What is the gameplay like?

    @Anonymous: Thanks for your kind words. I try my best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well its like a 1st person gameplay kinda thing i like it but i kinda lag in it lol since i am frm canada and its like frm china so yea kinda bad internet connection and stuff but otherwise its good

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm sounds interesting, I will go try it out. I will need to find a link to the game first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back! love ur blog!

    btw my 8800GTX died at about the same time as well... coincidence? or bad batch by Nvidia? hmm...

    anyways now its jz using integrated graphics, I plan to swap it with an ATI HD5850 ;)

    now.. back to Gundams.. heheh..

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails