Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Winners announced for the “FW Gundam Converge Char’s Customize Zaku” Photo Contest presented by Dengeki Hobby and Gundam.info!

Painting, kitbashing, dioramas, CG, or just funny snapshots—anything went in this photo contest featuring the “FW Gundam Converge Char’s Customize Zaku” included in August's Dengeki Hobby!
As a contest with so much freedom, it was full of so many great ideas! Great entries were received in all four categories: CG, Diorama, Painting & Kitbashing and Free Entry.
Which one shines the brightest in each category!?
We go through the categories and point out the winners!
Painting / Kitbashing [Grand Prize]
digita

■ Builder's comment
I put together the kind of Zaku I Sniper that Kirks from Mobile Suit Gundam UC would pilot. The body PVC was whittled down after gluing. Its rifle and large backpack are pulled from other suits and modified. I tried to make it as "Converge-like" as possible to fit in.
Painting / Kitbashing [Runner-up]
Monnokiri

■ Builder's comment
I increased detail with beads, metal balls, metal pins, verniers, and H. eyes. I also pulled the hips a bit forward and shoulders back, and repainted.
CG [Grand Prize and Readers' Prize]
Hiropon♪
■ Builder's comment
Doing close-up CG is hard work.
CG [Runner-up]
HIROMY
■ Builder's comment
I wanted to capture the feel of that ad showing off "Zeon's mighty mechanisms!" I used both Zaku IIs and the Char's Customize Zaku.
Diorama [Grand Prize]
@key
■ Builder's comment
I based this off Igloo 2's White Ogre. Working off Converge's light yet fearsome image, I set it among some Type 61 tanks. Rather than focusing on the scale, I went for atmosphere.
Diorama [Runner-up and Readers' Prize]
Bob
■ Builder's comment
I tried to recreate that famous scene from "Garma's Fate". Char's Zaku has been rebuilt for mobility and repainted in places. Its weapon has been switched with a bazooka. I used a 1/1200 Gaw. Before photographing with a blacklight, I painted the parts I didn't want to glow with UV-absorbent paint.
Free Entry [Grand Prize]
HiDe_mix
■ Builder's comment
This is a decorated Zaku. It uses 1,600 stones; it's almost an objet! It came out a little overdone at first, so I lengthened it with ball joints. The neck, shoulders, hips, and waist all move.
Free Entry [Runner-up]
Anchan
■ Builder's comment
I added the arms and lure hook from Char's Z'gok, and made myself an American crayfish lure. Wonder if I'll get any bites?
Free Entry [Readers' Prize]
Mu
■ Builder's comment
This is the might of Zeon!  War is a matter of numbers!  Once the Zaku is mass-produced, we'll put an end to the Federation in no time!  The Zaku can fight another ten years!  [ Zaku II x 51 ] [ Char's Customize Zaku x1 ]
 ■ Media prizes

Free Entry [Gundam.info Prize]
HIRO
■ Builder's comment
I made it into a hard case for my phone. In order to make the monoeye glow, I had to make the camera unusable. So the case has to come off to take pictures.
■ Judges' comment
We never expected someone to use the FW Gundam Converge Char's Customize Zaku to make a phone case. The glowing monoeye especially shows off the playful spirit we love to see in the Free Entry category. It's designed so well we'd like to use it for real.
Painting / Kitbashing [Bandai Prize]
Urayasu Convoy Ni-goten (Pe.Pe.)
■ Builder's comment
I had a spare Z'gok, so I tried making something like the Slash Ripper I'd previously seen in DH. I added weathering by changing up the metal parts, and especially by working on the main camera sticker.
■ Judges' comment
It's been a pleasure to judge the first Converge contest. Whether you built and then enhanced, refined things from scratch, or came up with something completely unexpected, we were moved almost to tears by the care taken in these works. We hope to continue producing models worthy of this much enthusiasm.
Painting / Kitbashing [Hobby Magazine Prize and Readers' Prize]
Leslie
■ Builder's comment
I upgraded Char's weapons, and made him even more than three times faster!  With the new powered-up legs, the infamous "Char Kick" can smash the Gundam in a single blow!
■ Judges' comment
This is a mixed-up build using parts from a variety of kits. It had a great balance between detailed painting, modification technique, and choice of parts.


Next, to mark the release of the HG Gundam AGE-1 Normal in late September, we're holding a coloring contest!
Be sure to enter beginning September 26th!

■ Dengeki Hobby and Gundam.info present the Gundam AGE Coloring Contest!
http://www.gundam.info/topic/5966  (Source: Gundam.Info)

1 comment:

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails