Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gunpla Worklog: 1/100 Gundam Astraea FA Kai - Update 4

Another minor update for my customized Astraea.... and i had finally came up with a new name, it will just be called "Gundam Astraea FA Kai (Full Armored)".

So with the new name, it means that I will need to continue modifying the kit to fit theme of FA (Full Armored). Gundams from the 00 series are usually very slim (except for Seravee / Virtue), so I thought adding bulk would really add a nice contrast to the overall design.

I had been working on the upper body for so long, I thought I would take a break by working on the legs for awhile. So after I've extended the legs (Update 1), I am now going to add a full armored knee section. To do this, I will be using pla-plates....

After some cutting & sanding... here is the side view of the knee part.

Comparing the new design to see if it fits the overall build.

After the knee section is completed, I test fitted it. Looks alrite. And now I need a break...so I went back to working on the upper body.

As you can see I've worked on the upper body more since my last update, as I am now making modifications to the chest area. The chest area will be similiar to the bulky knee section, again to match the FA theme.

After some modding...here is what the chest will look like. Of course more sanding & detail will be added later, but for now I just want to finish all the big parts first.

Here is a conceptual shot of what my current design looks like...
(I accidently shot this one in black&white, and too lazy to retake)

More updates later. This kit is taking longer than I had previously planned. =(

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails